Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Loved but Would Not Read Again

A weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl


1.) Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
This book is amazing and I seriously loved it but it was also super traumatic. Like it wrecked me for a really long time and I don't really want that pain again. I'm sure you can understand.

2.) The Book Thief by Marcus Zuzak
Speaking of not wanting the pain again, this book was also super traumatic. It took me a really long time to read it even after hearing nothing but amazing things even from people who don't really read a lot of fiction. It was worth the wait but never again.

3.) Dreamland Burning by Jennifer Latham
I loved this book so much it was one of my favorite books of last year. But I don't honestly have much interest to read it again. It was really good though.

4.) Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas
The best part about this book is the big reveal. You would lose something if you read it a second time because there isn't any big surprise, just all the clues you didn't see the first time around.


5.) A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
I may actually reread this one but the series is seriously so long. If Winds of Winter ever gets a release date and I have a month to devote to the series then sure.

6.) The Luxe Series by Anna Godberson
I read this series a really long time ago and loved it. But I have a feeling that if I were to read it again I wouldn't like it as much. I want to have an idealized view of this series.

7.) The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma
This is another book which has a big twist in the end which would be totally wrecked if I read it again. I mean frankly I am a little interested because the ending was super confusing and reading it again may clarify things.


8.) The Good Girl by Mary Kubica
Another mystery. Are you noticing a trend? You just can't reread a mystery. This one was really good and I loved it but I think if I were to read it again it would become far less complex.

9.) Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
It took me a really long time to read this book. In fact, it took me two tries to finish it. I loved it in the end and I'm really glad I did finish it, but I definitely will not read it again.

10.) The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Started with a book that was traumatizing, and finished with a book that was traumatizing. This book was great but also really upsetting, so upsetting that I don't want to restart it.

There you have it. All the books I loved but won't read again. What books made your list? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

3 comments:

  1. I read The Book Thief and I didn't care for it, even though it was one of my daughter's favorite books!!I just couldn't enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice picks! I don't think I read any of these...with the exception of The Handmaiden's Tale and that was for a class years ago...but I can't recall anything about it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome to see Dangerous Girls on so many lists. I read that book because I kept seeing it on TTT lists, and I have no regrets.

    ReplyDelete